TOPIC: BORN OF INCORRUPTIBLE SEED
ANCHOR: 1 PETER 1:23
*A #DavidOfurum TEACHING*
At Salvation, you become born again; a newly born spiritual creature that never existed before. Salvation comes from the Greek word “Soteria” meaning safety, preservation, peace and deliverance from harm. It means this new creature has a harmonious relationship with God, free of molestation, punishment or retribution consequent upon past sins. Hence, the saying that you’re not safe if you’re not saved is very true.
What does it imply to be born again/born of God/born of incorruptible seed/be a new creature/have salvation/be saved?
1. Repentance and freedom from bondage to sin (Acts 2:37-38, Rom. 6:6-7);
2. Believing in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and accepting Him into one’s heart as Saviour and Lord through the confession of faith (Rom. 10:9-10, Acts 16:30-34);
3. Being washed in Jesus’ blood from sin and unrighteousness (Rom. 5:9, Col. 1:13-14);
4. Being reborn into newness of life (1Pet. 1:23, Col. 3:9-10) and;
5. Adoption into sonship unto the Father by the working of the Holy Spirit (Jn. 1:12, Rom. 8:14-17, Gal. 4:4-6, 1Jn. 3:1-2).
NOTE: It all happens by faith.
NOTE ALSO: The following may either lead to or result from salvation, but do not in themselves amount to salvation:
1. Church attendance and/or membership
2. Participation in Church activity groups
3. Water baptism
4. Being born by born again parents
5. Bearing a Christian or Bible name
6. Bearing a Christian or Church title
7. Associating with a gospel minister
8. Moral behaviour and appearance
9. Donations to Church and/or charity.
The question now is: Are you born again (born of incorruptible seed)? If no, you can reconcile with God and be born again right here, right now. Just say this prayer in faith with all your heart:
Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of the Living God. Wash me now from all my sin with your precious blood. Come and live in my heart; be my personal Saviour and Lord from this day forward. Thank you for saving me. I confess I am now born again, in your name. Amen.