TOPIC: POSITIONED FOR DOMINION
ANCHOR: PSALM 8:1-9
*Evg. #DavidOfurum teaching*
God made man a little lower than Elohim, according to various Bible translations and commentaries of Ps. 8:5. The Hebrew word “Elohim” usually means God but can sometimes refer to Heavenly beings, hence the rendition of the word as “angels” by some Bible translators.
However, I agree with Bible scholars who believe that “a little lower than God” is in order for some obvious reasons:
1. God made man, not angels, in His image. I have posited severally that God’s image referred to in Gen. 1:26-27 is not physical; it actually means dominion similar to God’s. That’s why we are called gods and sons of God (Ps. 82:6, Jn. 10:34).
2. God made man His co-creator. Where God ended His creation, He empowered man to continue from (Gen. 1:28). Contrary to conservative theology, God is never threatened by man’s inventions, no matter how lofty, because He empowered, ordered and expects man to create. Angels don’t have this privilege.
3. Whatever man decrees on earth, Heaven concurs to (Gen. 2:19-20; Mat. 16:19; 18:18;Job 22:28). This is because God made man the god of this earth (Ps.115:16) before Satan tricked man out of his godhead in Gen. 3:1-7, a position Satan proudly referred to in Lk. 4:6. But thank God Jesus defeated him and returned the dominion to those who receive Him (Jn. 1:12).
4. God commands angels to serve us, not the other way round (Ps. 91:11, Heb. 1:14, Col. 2:18).
5. We shall judge the angels, not the other way round (1 Cor. 6:3).
If God has so positioned man in the eternal scheme of things, then man owes Him a debt of gratitude for making him, more or less, a deputy god (Ps. 107:8, 15).
Pray this: Father God, I thank you for making me your son and deputy on earth. From today, I walk in this consciousness in Jesus’ name.