TOPIC: LOVE ME GOOD
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 13:1-8a (MSG)
Today, EVANG. DAVID OFURUM teaches …
Happy Valentine, even though in arrears now. Yesterday was St. Valentine’s Day & many couples, married & unmarried were out mostly shopping & having fun to show their love for each other. But apart from Valentine’s Day, how well can you say you have loved your partner (or your Val, if you wish) since you met? Let’s consider the Bible standard for true love from The Message translation.
1. Love never gives up.
2. Love cares more for others than for self.
3. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
4. Love doesn’t strut.
5. Doesn’t have a swelled head.
6. Doesn’t force itself on others.
7. Isn’t always “me first”.
8. Doesn’t fly off the handle.
9. Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others.
10. Doesn’t revel when others grovel.
11. Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth.
12. Puts up with anything.
13. Trusts God always.
14. Always looks for the best.
15. Never looks back.
16. Buts keeps going to the end.
17. Love never dies.
All Scripture is written by the inspiration of God (2Tim. 3:16, 2Pet. 1:21). God is love & the author of it (1 Jn. 4:8). Therefore, if love will stand the test of time, it has to conform with this standard He has set. Does your love for your partner, & indeed every other person, conform to this standard? You might have some work to do to ensure you love him/her good from this day forward based on this standard.